Monday, June 15, 2009

graves, gambling and beer....

today...at around 12 pm...we had final prayers before burying my uncle...after the prayer...it was time to give our last respects..and it was the family and relatives to go first...so my mum asked me to give my last respects and go beside his coffin, and when i went to the coffin, i looked at his face...looking at him was the most painful thing i had to do all this 2 weeks of holidays...(i didn't go skul today)...i was about to cry...but i know that wouldn't be something that he would want....outside, you could smell the distinct smell of beer and the people who have drank it....after the last respects we brought his body to the cemetery which was on top of a large hill...where most of my relatives from my dad's side, that had passed away were burried...my uncle, was burried on the foot of the hill...here are some pictures...



right before my uncle was lowered into his grave, 3 shots were fired by a close relative or friend of his using my grandfathers hunting rifle 'senapang' which was used the day before to hunt a wild buffalo "kerbau liar"...and 3 shots were fired again after he was lowered into his grave..the loud sound produced by these shots did not even phase my aunt..in other words my uncle's wife...not to mention my cousin, who i saw, was so devestated at what had happened...

-MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES AND THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN THIERS-

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for my 3 deletes. I got some grammatical error in my text...

    My heart goes with your uncle. May be rest in peace in eternal bliss.

    One person once told me, real men cry not for themselves but for their friends. You had a thought like that. In my book, you, Douglas Jonathan Michael Banabas, have matured into a fine young man, and I'm sure your late uncle would have been very proud of you. My regards to him and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sad fate befallen on your cousins. To lose a parent in such tender age will leave a mark on them, that will be carried throughout their life. What else can be done? Be sensible, and don't do all bad stuffs (like smoking, drinking, escape school) that most distressed dispaired teens do when this happens...

    Dood out.

    ReplyDelete